Our client is seeking an eager and ambitious Junior Accountant to join their team!
The Junior Accountant reports to the Financial Accountant and is responsible for contributing to the overall efficient operation of the company’s accounting functions and day-to-day business operations.
They will spend their time performing and assisting in all accounting duties within the organization such as completing data entry for financial accounts and invoicing, building rapport, and liaising with customers as it relates to their accounts, and other accounting duties as assigned.
The Junior Accountant is detail oriented, highly organized and a reliable team member who is committed to delivering quality work. They utilize their analytical mindset to solve problems and apply their knowledge of accounting and financial best practices to provide the best solution. They approach all opportunities as a chance to learn and grow to ensure they are developing themselves and making a valuable impact to the business.
- General Accounting Duties
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded, accurate, and up to date
- Update accounts receivable and accurately code / issue invoices
- Prepare weekly deposits
- Update accounts payable and perform bi-weekly cheque runs
- Perform data entry for cheque requests
- Assist with reviewing of receivables and expenses etc., as assigned
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information is accurate and available upon request
- Assist with the yearly audit as required
- Comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for financial statements.
- Customer and Account Management
- Act as the point of contact for customer requests and questions regarding their accounts via phone and email
- Follow up with customers regarding their account status and payment plan
- Office Administration
- Complete office administration duties and answer telephone calls as required
- Other duties as required by the management team
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in accounting, finance or other relevant field
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Ability to think critically and problem solve
- Meticulous attention to detail with the superb organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Team player with ability to multi-task, prioritize and work independently
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to quality and delivering results
- Experience or knowledge of Sage 300 would be an asset
- Prior experience in an administrative / bookkeeping role is considered an asset
This is a great opportunity to learn, grow, and work with a well-established business within the St. John’s community. If this sounds like you, apply now!
Location: St. John’s, NL
Application Close Date: November 24, 2022