College of Physicians and Surgeons of Newfoundland and Labrador
The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Newfoundland and Labrador is a Medical Regulatory Authority that serves and protects the public by regulating the practice of medicine in the province. Our vision is to ensure quality healthcare in Newfoundland and Labrador through the regulation of the medical profession in the public interest.
Reporting to the Associate Registrar and Director of Operations, the Communications Manager is responsible for overall messaging and marketing of the College by developing, implementing, and evaluating the communications strategies, and public relations activities. As the individual responsible for ensuring the College’s image is maintained and accurately represented, the Communications Manager will effectively advise and support senior leadership in key areas where strategic communication is vital to the College’s success and reputation.
Working closely with all team members, they will lead the development and implementation of effective communication processes that align with organizational values and mandates. As the sole individual on the Communications team, they will also develop and manage the design and content of materials to engage stakeholders and build awareness of the College initiatives and positions provincially and nationally.
You are a team player who effectively, and proactively, collaborates across the organization to ensure all communications initiatives are in alignment with the organization’s strategic goals and objectives. You are an innovative problem solver who not only comes to the table with solutions but goes above and beyond to implement and deliver on the organizations mission and vision.
- Develop, implement, and manage an internal and external integrated communications strategy that engages all relevant stakeholders.
- Provide strategic counsel to departments on marketing, communications, and public relations; setting and implementing standards / protocols for all staff who communicate externally on behalf of the organization.
- Develop and manage all internal and external marketing materials which includes, but is not limited to, letterhead, use of logo, brochures, handouts, and other informational materials for all departments.
- Lead and deliver on the preparation of all written material which includes, but is not limited to, newsletter articles, annual reports, press releases, departmental reports, briefs, speeches, presentations, and policies and procedures.
- Oversee and manage web presence and social media channels including content development, deployment, and analytics.
- Maintain content, as well as technical function, of the organization’s website.
- Regularly conduct marketing research, environmental scans, and issues monitoring; actively track current relevant activities and trends.
- Provide regular reports and updates to the CEO and Registrar, and Council as required.
- Acting as the organization’s key representative for all media relations, manage the development of media releases and coordination of media requests.
- Ensure a consistent image across all elements of the organization and organization programs.
- Lead projects as assigned, such as special events, etc.
- Other duties as required by the College leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree, diploma or certification in marketing, communications, or public relations, or relevant experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in marketing, communications, or public relations.
- Proven track record of creating and delivering on successful marketing and communication strategies.
- Demonstrated experience in web content management and social media content creation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management, multitasking, and decision-making skills.
- Experience working in a regulatory environment is considered an asset.
The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Newfoundland and Labrador is committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment. We are a proud equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic that makes us unique.
If you require reasonable accommodation to take part in the employment process, please call 709-437-4300 or send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request.
Location: St. John’s, NL
Application Close Date: November 24, 2022